Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Glossaries, vocabularies, etc
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Ebenezer Denny; Josiah Harmar; Edward Armstrong
|Notes:||Record of Upland court: from the 14th of Nov., 1676 to the 14th of June, 1681 edited by Edward Armstrong.
Upland, one of the early Swedish settlements on the Delaware river, is now the city of Chester, Pa. The Upland court had jurisdiction over a considerable territory known as Upland county.
|Description:||498 p. ; 25 cm.|
|Contents:||Introduction to the record of Upland, by Edward Armstrong.--The record of Upland court.--Memoir of Major Ebenezer Denny.--Letters of General Josiah Harmar and others.--Vocabulary of the Delaware and Shawanese languages.|
|Series Title:||Historical Society of Pennsylvania.; Memoirs.|
- Indians of North America -- Wars -- 1790-1794.
- Delaware language -- Glossaries, vocabularies, etc.
- Shawnee language -- Glossaries, vocabularies, etc.
- Chester (Pa.) -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- Pennsylvania -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Personal narratives.