Charles F Boss; Paul Comly French; Frederick J Libby; A J Muste; Grover Lowell Hartman; Federal Council of the Churches of Christ in America. Committee on the Conscientious Objector.; Swarthmore College. Peace Collection.
|描述：||3.75 linear ft.|
Includes meeting minutes (1941-1946), financial records, and other material about conscientious objectors/objection and Civilian Public Service. Most of the collection consists of correspondence, much of it regarding religious life in CPS camps and arranging pastoral visits to them. Includes correspondence with various cooperating organizations including American Friends Service Committee, Brethren Service Committee, Committee for Amnesty, Fellowship of Reconciliation, Mennonite Central Committee, the Methodist Church, and the National Service Board for Religious Objectors. Most of the records were generated or collected by Grover Hartman, a conscientious objector who worked for the Committee on detatched service from 1944-1946. Correspondents include Charles F. Boss, Paul Comly French, Frederick J. Libby, and A.J. Muste.
- Federal Council of the Churches of Christ in America. -- Committee on the Conscientious Objector -- Archives.
- Conscientious objectors -- United States -- History -- Sources.
- Conscientious objection -- United States -- History -- Sources.
- War -- Moral and ethical aspects -- History -- Sources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Moral and ethical aspects -- Sources.
- War -- Religious aspects -- Christianity -- History -- Sources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Religious aspects -- Sources.
- Draft -- United States -- History -- Sources.
- Methodist Church -- Political activity -- History -- Sources.
- Conscientious objection -- Societies, etc. -- History -- Sources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Conscientious objectors -- Sources.
- American Friends Service Committee.
- Brethren Service Committee.
- Fellowship of Reconciliation (U.S.)
- Mennonite Central Committee.
- National Service Board for Religious Objectors.
- Civilian Public Service.