Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Philip Sheldon Foner; Howard Selsam|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Jefferson School of Social Science (New York, N.Y.)|
|Description:||1 reel of microfilm (35 mm.)|
The records include legal documents, hearing transcripts, and petitions and statements in support of the school's positions. Brief files also concern internal operation and administration; among them are incomplete general correspondence; annual reports; executive committee meeting minutes; bulletins of the school's predecessor, the School for Democracy; departmental memoranda; course listings; newsclippings; and speeches and statements by the director, Howard Selsam. Of note among the fragmentary, routine correspondence is a letter from Philip S. Foner, who taught labor history at the school.
- Communism -- United States -- 1917-
- Adult education -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Subversive activities -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Foner, Philip Sheldon, -- 1910-1994.
- Selsam, Howard, -- 1903-
- School for Democracy (New York, N.Y.)
- United States. -- Subversive Activities Control Board.