|提及的人：||Vinton G Cerf; Richard T Liebhaber|
|所有的作者/貢獻者：||MCI Communications Corporation. Office of Chief Strategy and Technology Officer (Records of Richard Liebhaber)|
|描述：||28 linear ft.|
The records of the Chief Strategy and Technology Officer (27 feet, 1984-1994) come from Ricard Liebhaber. The bulk of the records consists of subject files documenting issues concerning MCI during Liebhaber's tenure as the company's executive vice president. Correspondence, special reports, memoranda, and monthly status reports chronicle the activities of MCI's engineering, operations, and MIS departments, and document the performance of MCI's network and operations. The files also address such topics as the transition of Satellite Business Systems (SBS) from IBM to MCI; the centralization and consolidation of MCI's engineering and operations functions; the development of Consolidated Billing and the Phoenix Project; various MCI telecommunications services; MCI's involvement with NSFNET and the development of the internet; and MCI Major and National Accounts.
- Cerf, Vinton G., -- 1943-
- Liebhaber, Richard T.
- AT & T.
- Corporation Against Drug Abuse.
- Executive Council on Information Technology.
- Federal Network Advisory Committee (U.S.).
- Federal Networking Council (U.S.).
- Federal Networking Council (U.S.) -- Advisory Council.
- International Business Machines Corporation.
- International Center for Information Technologies.
- MCI Communications Corporation.
- Regional Bell Operating Companies.
- Satellite Business Systems.
- Telecom*USA, Inc.
- Artificial satellites in telecommunication.
- Transatlantic cables.
- Computer engineering.
- Computer industry.
- Computer networks.
- Computer software industry.
- Data transmission systems.
- Digital communications.
- Earth stations (Satellite telecommunication)
- Electronic mail systems.
- Emergency communication systems.
- Employee attitude surveys.
- Facsimile transmission.
- Fiber optic cables.
- Fiber optic industry.
- High definition television.
- Information technology.
- Integrated services digital networks.
- Internet industry.
- Internetworking (Telecommunication)
- Long distance telephone service.
- Management information systems.
- National Emergency Telecommunications System.
- NSFNET (Computer network)
- Selling -- Key accounts.
- Systems engineering.
- Telecommunication -- Equipment and supplies.
- Telecommunication -- Equipment and supplies -- Maintenance and repair.
- Telecommunication -- Switching systems.
- Telecommunication -- Switching systems -- Equipment and supplies.
- Telecommunication -- Traffic.
- Telecommunication cables.
- Telecommunication equipment industry.
- Telecommunication lines.
- Telecommunication switching systems equipment industry.
- Telecommunication systems.
- Telecommunication wiring.
- Telecommunications devices for the deaf -- Law and legislation.
- Toll-free telephone calls.
- Wide area networks (Computer networks)