Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||F V Hayden; John Wesley Powell; George M Wheeler; F V Hayden; John Wesley Powell; George M Wheeler|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Geological Survey (U.S.)|
|Description:||9 linear ft.|
The records of the Powell Survey consist of letters received, 189-79, and letters sent, 1876-79.
The records of the King Survey include communications received from the Corps of Engineers and the Treasury Department, 1867-70; letters and reports from King to the Chief of Engineers, 1867-79; and letters from the Engineer Department, 1870-81, and the Treasury Department and the Public Printer, 1870-79.
The records of the Wheeler Survey consists solely of the handwritten report PROGRESS REPORT UPON GEOGRAPHICAL AND GEOLOGICAL EXPLORATIONS AND SURVEYS WEST OF THE 100TH MERIDIAN IN 1872, UNDER THE DIRECTION OF BRIGADIER GENERAL A.A. HUMPHREYS, CHIEF OF ENGINEERS, BY 1ST LIEUTENANT GEORGE M. WHEELER, CORPS OF ENGINEERS, IN CHARGE.
- Hayden, F. V. -- (Ferdinand Vandeveer), -- 1829-1887.
- Powell, John Wesley, -- 1834-1902.
- Wheeler, George M. -- (George Montague), -- 1842-1905.
- Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories (U.S.)
- Geographical and Geological Survey of the Rocky Mountain Region (U.S.)
- Geographical Surveys West of the 100th Meridian (U.S.)
- New Mexico.