Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Derek Curtis Bok; Cecil Kent Drinker; Katherine Rotan Drinker; David Linn Edsall; Martha M Eliot; Alice Hamilton; M J Rosenau; Frederick Cheever Shattuck; George Cheever Shattuck; Richard P Strong|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Harvard School of Public Health.|
|Description:||33 boxes and 172 volumes|
Drinker's correspondence files, 1919-1950, pertain to administration of HSPH, such as appointments and admission of Radcliffe students; to relations with Harvard Medical School and Harvard University; to his research projects, such as World War II work on respiratory physiology, and other research on the lymphatic system. Also concerns his studies of health problems in industry and work as a medical consultant for several industries, for example, a study by Cecil and his wife Katherine on radium poisoning; editing of the Journal of Industrial Hygiene and Toxicology by Cecil, Katherine, and his brother Philip; and Cecil's teaching in the Department of Physiology, lecturing, and involvement in professional societies. Includes correspondence with faculty, such as Alice Hamilton, and other colleagues; and accounts from the Laboratory of Applied Physiology.
Division of Industrial Hygiene records, 1918-1934, contain correspondence, minutes of meetings and reports of the Committee on Industrial Hygiene, and lists of departmental publications. Department of Tropical Medicine material includes correspondence of Frederick C. Shattuck concerning funding and organization of the department; correspondence of George C. Shattuck regarding a research project in Panama and other matters; account books; and alumni records of classes of 1913-1936. Major correspondents include Richard Pearson Strong. Records of Department of Maternal and Child Health include reports about teaching maternal and child health in public health schools, some correspondence, and reprints. Much of this material belongs to Martha Eliot. Records of the President's Committee contain minutes of meetings, correspondence, reports of consultants, and final report to Derek Bok. Harvard-M.I.T. School for Health Officers and School of Public Health records include course material; registration cards; and reports on epidemiology, environmental and industrial health, clinical medicine, and health services. Other holdings from HSPH are deans' reports, 1946-1954; Accreditation Task Group reports, 1975-1976; reports to the Board of Overseers, 1949; transcripts from Office of Program Planning, 1972-1976; applications to foundations; and 2 films about yellow fever research in 1920. Graduate student theses from HSPH are also available in the Archives.
- Bok, Derek Curtis.
- Drinker, Cecil Kent, -- 1887-1956.
- Drinker, Katherine Rotan, -- 1889-1956.
- Edsall, David Linn, -- 1869-1945.
- Eliot, Martha M. -- (Martha May), -- 1891-1978.
- Hamilton, Alice, -- 1869-1970.
- Rosenau, M. J. -- (Milton Joseph), -- 1869-1946.
- Shattuck, Frederick Cheever, -- 1847-1929.
- Shattuck, George Cheever, -- 1879-1972.
- Strong, Richard P. -- (Richard Pearson), -- 1872-1948.
- Harvard-M.I.T. School of Public Health.
- Harvard School of Public Health. -- Committee on Industrial Hygiene.
- Harvard School of Public Health. -- Department of Physiology.
- Harvard School of Public Health. -- Department of Tropical Medicine.
- Harvard School of Public Health. -- Department of Maternal and Child Health.
- Harvard School of Public Health. -- Division of Industrial Hygiene.
- Harvard School of Public Health. -- Office of the Dean.
- Harvard School of Public Health -- Accreditation.
- Harvard School of Public Health -- Administration.
- Harvard School of Public Health -- Admission.
- Harvard School of Public Health -- Alumni and alumnae.
- Harvard School of Public Health -- Curricula.
- Harvard School of Public Health -- Faculty.
- Harvard School of Public Health -- Finance.
- Harvard School of Public Health -- Graduate students.
- Harvard School of Public Health -- Laboratories.
- Harvard School of Public Health -- Societies, etc.
- Harvard School of Public Health -- History -- World War, 1939-1945.
- Radcliffe College -- Students.
- School for Health Officers, Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Respiratory organs -- Research.
- Women physicians.
- Lymphatics -- Research.
- Industrial toxicology.
- Medicine, Industrial.
- Physiology -- Study and teaching.
- Maternal and infant welfare.
- Child care.
- Public health.
- Tropical medicine.
- Harvard Medical School -- Relations with industry.