Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Stendhal; Roger Gard
|Language Note:||Translated from the French.|
|Notes:||"The text followed is that of the first edition of Le Rouge et le noir of November 1830"--P. xxvii.|
|Description:||xxix, 576 p. ; 20 cm.|
|Series Title:||Penguin classics.|
|Other Titles:||Rouge et le noir.|
|Responsibility:||Stendhal ; translated with an introduction and notes by Roger Gard.|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
High strung, high stakes romance, ELC review
I was debating writing a review of this book. When I started it, I was not taken with it, and it being a classic, what more is there to say? However, I have been trying to practice Evolutionary Literary Criticism (ELC), and, if that school of interpretation has merit, one should be able to apply it...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- France -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Fiction.
- Young men -- France -- Fiction.
- France -- Social conditions -- 19th century -- Fiction.
- Manners and customs.
- Social history.
- Young men.
User lists with this item (2)
- Books Reviewed with Evolutionary Literary Criticism(6 items)
by vleighton updated 2013-06-07