Gerli, E. Michael.
Lexington, Ky. : University Press of Kentucky, c1995
|提及的人：||Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra; Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra; Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra; Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra|
E Michael Gerli
|描述：||xi, 137 p. ; 24 cm.|
|内容：||Introduction: Reading, Writing, and Rewriting in Cervantes --
1. The Dialectics of Writing: El licenciado Vidriera and the Picaresque --
2. A Novel Rewriting: Romance and Irony in La gitanilla --
3. Rewriting Myth and History: Discourses of Race, Marginality, and Resistance in the Captive's Tale (Don Quijote I, 37-42) --
4. Unde veritas: Readings, Writings, Voices, and Revisions in the Text (Don Quijote I, 8-9) --
5. Aristotle in Africa: Interrogating Verisimilitude and Rewriting Theory in El gallardo espanol --
6. Rewriting Lope de Vega: El retablo de las maravillas, Cervantes' Arte nuevo de deshacer comedias.
|丛书名：||Studies in Romance languages (Lexington, Ky.), 39.|
|责任：||E. Michael Gerli.|
The result, says Gerli, is that literature in late Renaissance Spain was often more than a simple matter of source and imitation. It must be understood as a far more subtle, palimpsest-like process of forging endless series of texts from other texts, thus linking closely the practices of reading, writing, and rewriting. Like all major writers of the age, Cervantes was responding not just to specific literary traditions but to a broad range of texts and discourses. And he expected his well-read audience to recognize his sources and to appreciate their transformations.
Modern literary theory has explicitly confirmed what Cervantes and his contemporaries intuitively knew - that reading and writing are closely linked dimensions of the literary enterprise. Other texts constitute an important source for understanding not only how Cervantes' works were composed but how these works were read, received, and rewritten by him and other writers of his age. Reading Cervantes and his contemporaries in this way enables us to comprehend the craft, wit, irony, and subtle conceit that lie at the heart of seventeenth-century Spanish literature.
- Cervantes Saavedra, Miguel de, -- 1547-1616 -- Technique.
- Cervantes Saavedra, Miguel de, -- 1547-1616 -- Knowledge -- Literature.
- Spanish language -- Classical period, 1500-1700 -- Rhetoric.
- Cervantes Saavedra, Miguel de
- Cervantes Saavedra, Miguel de -- Knowledge -- Literature
- Cervantes Saavedra, Miguel de -- Technique
- Geschichte -- 1500-1600
- Spanish language -- Rhetoric -- Classical period, 1500-1700
- Cervantes Saavedra, Miguel de, -- 1547-1616.
- Spanish language -- Classical period -- Rhetoric.
- Spanish language -- Rhetoric.