Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William D Romanowski
|Description:||xv, 298 pages,  pages of plates : illustrations ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||Reforming the movies: what could possibly go wrong? --
The Federal Council of Churches enters the frame --
Putting a Presbyterian in charge of Hollywood --
On the trail of the serpent: Will Hays and the Protestant crusade --
Protestants and Hollywood at the crossroads --
The worst that could happen: a Catholic legion of "decency" --
One foot in Hollywood: the Protestant Film Commission --
Movie consulting, Protestant style --
High noon in the Broadcasting and Film Commission --
And the winner is: the Protestant film awards --
No longer a dirty word: this film will now be rated --
A changing of the guard --
The curious case of evangelicals.
|Responsibility:||William D. Romanowski.|
William Romanowski is fair-minded, has a fascinating story to tell, and tells it well Tom Aitken, Times Literary Supplement [a] thorough, fact-filled account of the interaction between Protestantism
- Motion pictures -- Religious aspects -- Protestant churches.
- United States -- Church history -- 20th century.
- United States -- Church history -- 21st century.
User lists with this item (5)
- March 2014 New Titles(213 items)
by libraryacq updated 2014-04-03
- Christianity and Popular Culture(47 items)
by dordtlibrary updated 2014-04-03
- Film(60 items)
by mrfalcon updated 2014-06-24
- 2013-February: New Items at the SPU Library(266 items)
by spulibrary updated 2013-03-04
- New Books in Social Sciences @ UIdaho(278 items)
by njyoung updated 2012-10-09