Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Saving lives to create a country
In this book, Dr. Arnold Reisman focuses on some of the refugees who were invited by the Turkish government to assist in the reformation of the new republic. These people were cast off by the Nazis but their contributions to the modern Republic of Turkey are enormous.
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Jewish refugees -- Turkey.
- Jews, German -- Turkey.
- Political refugees -- Turkey.
- Universities and colleges -- Turkey -- History.
- Jewish scientists -- Turkey.
- Jewish physicians -- Turkey.
- Medicine -- Turkey -- History -- 20th century.
- Medical education -- Turkey -- History -- 20th century.
- Germans -- Turkey.
- Atatürk, Kemal, -- 1881-1938.
- Turkey -- Intellectual life.
- Turkey -- Civilization.
- Turkey -- Ethnic relations.