Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||State government records
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Massachusetts. Commissions Section.; Massachusetts. Office of the Secretary of State.|
|Notes:||Volumes for 1864-1866 lacking.|
|Description:||10.5 cubic ft. (37 v.)|
|Other Titles:||Record of civil commissions|
Nineteenth century entries added, among others, pilots, inspectors, and trustees of state institutions, while twentieth century revert to listings primarily for notaries and justices of the peace. Information in entries includes dates of nomination and appointment, name, residence, office, date commission delivered, date qualified, and duration of appointment.
For listings by office see: Massachusetts. Office of the Secretary of State. Registers of civil officers classified 1855-1948 ((M-Ar)185X). For a listing of other related series see: Massachusetts. Office of the Secretary of State. Records of commissions, proclamations, pardons, and other official documents, 1713-1945 (bulk 1747-1936)((M-Ar)161X).
- Clerks of court -- Massachusetts -- Registers.
- Justices of the peace -- Massachusetts -- Registers.
- Notaries -- Massachusetts -- Registers.
- Massachusetts -- Politics and government -- 1775-1865.
- Massachusetts -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950.
- Massachusetts -- Politics and government -- 1951-
- Massachusetts -- Officials and employees -- Registers.
- Clerks of court.
- Justices of the peace.
- Politics and government