|提及的人：||George Ballingall; John Thomson; George Ballingall; John (Arzt) Thomson|
Matthew H Kaufman
|ISBN:||9789042012486 904201248X 9789042012387 9042012382|
|描述：||361 pages : illustrations, portraits ; 23 cm.|
|内容：||Academic backgrounds of candidates who entered the medical services of the army and navy during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries --
Stimulus for the teaching of military medicine and surgery in Edinburgh --
The second regius professor of military surgery Dr. George (later Sir George) Ballingall --
Ballingall's university and other special activities, the problems he encountered in Edinburgh, and withdrawal of government funding for the Chair of Military Surgery shortly after his death --
The two holders of the Regius Chair of Military of Surgery in Edinburgh --
John Thomson and George Ballingall: the topics covered in their teaching courses.
|丛书名：||Wellcome series in the history of medicine.; Clio medica (Amsterdam, Netherlands), 69.|
|责任：||Matthew H. Kaufman.|
"...Kaufman has shown that continued work in this field can pay off in spades. ...This excellent book has struck another blow against the obsolete distinction between 'academic historians' and
- University of Edinburgh. -- Regius Chair of Military Surgery.
- Medical colleges -- Scotland -- Edinburgh.
- University of Edinburgh.
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- University of Edinburgh -- Regius Chair of Military Surgery.
- Schools, Medical -- history.
- General Surgery -- history.
- History, 19th Century.
- Military Medicine -- history.
- Militaire geneeskunde.
- Chirurgie (geneeskunde)
- Ballingall, George, -- 1780-1855.
- Thomson, John, -- 1765-1846.
- Ballingall, George.
- Thomson, John (Arzt)
- Edinburgh -- Universität Edinburgh.