Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Francis Mahony; Daniel Maclise; Horace.
|Notes:||Added t.p., engraved and illustrated.
Frontispiece: The Fraserians (contributors in 1835 to Fraser's magazine).
|Description:||2 p. l., [iiii]-xi, , 578 p. fold. front. (ports.) 18 pl., 2 port. 19 cm.|
|Contents:||Father Prout's apology for Lent: his death, obsequies, and an elegy.--A plea for pilgrimages; Sir Walter Scott's visit to the Blarney stone.--The groves of Blarney.--Father Prout's carousal.--Dean Swift's madness. A tale of a churn.--
The rogueries of Tom Moore.--Literature and the Jesuits.--Vert-bert, the parrot, a poem by the Jesuit Gresset.--The songs of France.--The songs of Italy.--The songs of Horace.--The Sabine farmer's serenade.--Molly Carew.--The painter, Barry.--A series of modern Latin poets.--Poems.
|Other Titles:||Father Prout.|
|Responsibility:||Collected and arranged by Oliver Yorke, esq. (Rev. Francis Mahony). Illustrated by Alfred Croquis, esq. (D. Maclise, R.A.).|
- Cork (Ireland : County) -- Social life and customs.
- French ballads and songs -- History and criticism.
- French poetry -- Translations into English.
- Italian poetry -- History and criticism.
- Italian poetry -- Translations into English.
- Latin poetry, Medieval and modern -- Ireland.
- Fraser's magazine.