Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Translations into French
Translations into English
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Mahony, Francis Sylvester, 1804-1866.
Reliques of Father Prout.
London : H.G. Bohn, 1860
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Francis Mahony; Daniel Maclise
|Description:||xi, 578 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 1860|
|Contents:||Father Prout's apology for Lent: his death, obsequies, and an elegy.--A plea for pilgrimages; Sir Walter Scott's visit to the Blarney stone.--Father Prout's carousal.--Dean Swift's madness.--Rogueries of Tom Moore.--Literature and the Jesuits.--Vert-bert, the parrot. a poem by the Jesuit Gresset.--The songs of France.--The songs of Italy.--The songs of Horace.--The painter, Barry.--A series of modern Latin poets.--Poems.|
|Responsibility:||collected and arranged by Oliver Yorke (Francis Mahony) ; illustrated by Alfred Croquis (D. Maclise).|
- Ireland -- Social life and customs.
- Ballads, French -- History and criticism.
- French poetry -- Translations into English.
- English poetry -- Translations into French.
- Italian poetry -- History and criticism.
- Italian poetry -- Translations into English.
- English poetry -- Translations from Italian.
- Latin poetry, Medieval and modern.