Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Poetry Early works to 1800
Early works to 1800
|Named Person:||Anne, Queen consort of James I King of England; Anne, Queen consort of James I King of England|
|Material Type:||Online system or service, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William Camden; William Swadon
|Notes:||Originally published in 1605 as: Remaines of a greater worke, concerning Britaine, the inhabitants thereof, their languages, names, surnames, empreses, wise speeches, poësies, and epitaphes.
Dedication signed: M.N., i.e. William Camden.
Y7 is a cancel.
The first leaf and the last leaf are blank.
The "plate" is a folded letterpress sheet after page 344, "Vpon the death of Queene Anne, vvife of our soueraigne Lord King Iames", a reprint of William Swadon's "In obitum serenissimae principis, Annae, carmen funebre". Even when found separately (e.g. at the British Library, Folger Shakespeare Library, and Harvard University) the sheet shows signs of folding and usually retains the instructions at the bottom for binding in after page 344--STC.
Poem by Swadon identified as STC 23511 on UMI microfilm reel 1672.
Reproductions of the originals in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery and the British Library (Swandon poem only).
Appears at reel 1341 (Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery copy) and at reel 1672 (British Library copy).
|Description:||1 online resource (, 10, 9-350,  p., plate.)|
|Series Title:||Early English books online.|
|Other Titles:||Upon the death of Queene Anne, wife of our soveraigne Lord King James|
- Anne, -- Queen, consort of James I, King of England, -- 1574-1619 -- Poetry -- Early works to 1800.
- Names, English -- Early works to 1800.
- Epitaphs -- Early works to 1800.
- Proverbs -- Early works to 1800.
- Anagrams -- Early works to 1800.
- English language -- Usage -- Early works to 1800.
- Vocabulary -- Early works to 1800.
- Great Britain -- Antiquities -- Early works to 1800.
- Great Britain -- Description and travel.
- Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Anne, -- Queen, consort of James I, King of England, -- 1574-1619.
- English language -- Usage.
- Names, English.
- Great Britain.