Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||061839740X 9780618397402 0618459677 9780618459674|
|Awards:||Coretta Scott King Award, author, 2005.
Coretta Scott King Award.
|Description:||78 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm|
|Contents:||Toni Morrison has collected a treasure chest of archival photographs that depict the historical events surrounding school desegregation. These unforgettable images serve as the inspiration for Ms. Morrison"s text --
a fictional account of the dialogue and emotions of the children who lived during the era of "separate but equal" schooling. Remember is a unique pictorial and narrative journey that introduces children to a watershed period in American history and its relevance to us today. Remember will be published on the 50th anniversary of the groundbreaking Brown v. Board of Education Supreme Court decision ending legal school segregation, handed down on May 17, 1954.
- School integration -- United States -- Pictorial works.
- Discrimination in education -- United States -- Pictorial works.
- African Americans -- Education -- Pictorial works.
- United States -- Race relations -- Pictorial works.
- African Americans -- Education.
- Discrimination in education.
- Race relations.
- School integration.
- United States.
User lists with this item (18)
- Multi Cultural - Children(431 items)
by HPU.SOE.Resource.Center updated about 5 days ago
- juvnonfiction(36 items)
by elfgreen updated about a month ago
- Coretta Scott King Award(135 items)
by sarahridinger updated about a month ago
- Works by Nobel Prize in Literature Winners 1990-1994(40 items)
by BritGib updated 2016-02-27
- Black History--Junior(47 items)
by WaterlooCats updated 2016-02-09