Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||061839740X 9780618397402 0618459677 9780618459674|
|Awards:||Coretta Scott King Award, author, 2005.
Coretta Scott King Award.
|Description:||78 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm|
|Contents:||Toni Morrison has collected a treasure chest of archival photographs that depict the historical events surrounding school desegregation. These unforgettable images serve as the inspiration for Ms. Morrison"s text --
a fictional account of the dialogue and emotions of the children who lived during the era of "separate but equal" schooling. Remember is a unique pictorial and narrative journey that introduces children to a watershed period in American history and its relevance to us today. Remember will be published on the 50th anniversary of the groundbreaking Brown v. Board of Education Supreme Court decision ending legal school segregation, handed down on May 17, 1954.
- School integration -- United States -- Pictorial works.
- Discrimination in education -- United States -- Pictorial works.
- African Americans -- Education -- Pictorial works.
- United States -- Race relations -- Pictorial works.
- African Americans -- Education.
- Discrimination in education.
- Race relations.
- School integration.
- United States.
User lists with this item (18)
- juvnonfiction(34 items)
by elfgreen updated about 3 days ago
- Coretta Scott King Book Award(230 items)
by ccicchetti updated about 4 days ago
- Coretta Scott King Author Awards(30 items)
by kmcmain updated about 3 weeks ago
- Coretta Scott King Award(127 items)
by sarahridinger updated 2015-05-13
- Coretta Scott King Award (Author)(34 items)
by dordtlibrary updated 2015-02-04