Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Douglas, Stephen A. (Stephen Arnold), 1813-1861.
Removal of Judge Douglas by the Senate as chairman of the Committee on Territories.
[Washington, D.C.? : s.n., 1859]
|Named Person:||William McKendree Gwin|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Stephen A Douglas
|Notes:||Addressed "To the editors of the 'National, ' San Francisco, California." Signed: S.A. Douglas, Washington, August 16, 1859.
Reprinted from: The Daily National, San Francisco, September 16, 1859.
|Description:||8 p. ; 26 cm.|
|Series Title:||Slavery, ET71.|
|Other Titles:||Letter of Judge Douglas in reply to the speech of Dr. Gwin at Grass Valley, Cal|
- Slavery -- United States -- Extension to the territories.
- Gwin, William McKendree, -- 1805-1885. -- Address by Hon. W.M. Gwin to the people of the state of California on the senatorial election of 1857.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate. -- Committee on Territories.
- Fugitive slaves -- United States.
- Slavery -- United States -- Legal status of slaves in free states.