Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Alexander Crescencio; Barlow family; Philip, King of Spain; Marie Louise, of Orléans Queen consort of Charles II King of Spain; Ferdinand, Holy Roman Emperor; Maximilian, Duke of Bavaria; Louis, King of France; Otho, King of Greece|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||.4 lin. ft. (1 archives box)|
|Other Titles:||Barlow Family collection of manuscripts
The bulk of the collection was probably assembled in Italy during the 18th century. The collections includes 52 Italian manuscripts from the 17th and 18th centuries, 42 Spanish manuscripts from the 17th century, 27 French and German manuscripts from the 16th through 19th centuries, and one Greek manuscript dated 1862. The materials include letters signed by King Louis XV of France, King Philip IV of Spain, two queens of Spain (Mariana de Austria and Marie D'Orleans), and the Holy Roman Emperor Ferdinand III. Many of the 17th-century materials were originally sent to the Italian artist and architect Juan Bautista Crescencio (1595-1660) and to Cardinal Alexander Crescencio (late 17th century).
- Crescencio, Alexander -- Cardinal.
- History, Modern -- 17th century -- Sources.
- History, Modern -- 18th century -- Sources.
- History, Modern -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Barlow family -- Archives.
- Philip -- IV, -- King of Spain, -- 1605-1665 -- Correspondence.
- Marie Louise, -- of Orléans, Queen, consort of Charles II, King of Spain, -- 1662-1689 -- Correspondence.
- Ferdinand -- III, -- Holy Roman Emperor, -- 1608-1657 -- Correspondence.
- Maximilian, -- Duke of Bavaria, -- 1809-1888 -- Correspondence.
- Louis -- XV, -- King of France, -- 1710-1774 -- Correspondence.
- Otho -- I, -- King of Greece, -- 1815-1867 -- Correspondence.