Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Lederman, Gordon Nathaniel, 1971-
Reorganizing the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 1999
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Gordon Nathaniel Lederman
|Reproduction Notes:||Electronic reproduction. [S.l.] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010. MiAaHDL|
|Description:||1 online resource (xvi, 215 pages).|
|Details:||Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002.|
|Contents:||Foreword by Sam Nunn; Preface; Note on the Terminology and Structure of the U.S. Military; Acknowledgments; Chapter 1: Inherent Tensions in American Military Organization; Chapter 2: Defense Reorganization: A Substantive Analysis; Chapter 3: The Great Reorganization Debate; Chapter 4: Passage of the Goldwater-Nichols Act; Chapter 5: The U.S. Military After Goldwater-Nichols; Notes; Bibliography; Index.|
|Series Title:||Contributions in military studies.|
|Responsibility:||Gordon Nathaniel Lederman ; foreword by Sam Nunn.|
?This is a meticulously developed and extremely compact history of the genesis of the landmark Defense Reorganization Act of 1986...the author does an excellent job of putting together the historical
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Reorganization -- History.
- Military law -- United States -- History.
- United States. -- Goldwater-Nichols Department of Defense Reorganization Act of 1986.
- United States.
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING -- Military Science.
- HISTORY -- Military -- Other.
- Goldwater-Nichols Department of Defense Reorganization Act of 1986 (United States)
- Armed Forces -- Reorganization.
- Military law.