Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Samuel Argall, Sir; Edward Bruster; James Davies; Thomas West De la Warr, Baron; Thomas Lawson; Christopher Newport; George Percy; Powhatan; William Strachey|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Thomas Dale, Sir; Virginia Company of London,
|Other Titles:||Thomas Dale report from Virginia|
Dale has ordered the colonists to sow corn, and has allotted private gardens to each man. He is going up the river to find a suitable site for the new town of Henrico. A blockhouse is needed to prevent cattle stealing raids by Indians, and he has forbidden trade with the Indians. He has issued proclamations on the care of cattle and the control of the prices of ships' provisions. He recommends that seafaring men be sent to act as fisherman and notes that the colony also needs surgeons.
Men mentioned include Sir Samuel Argall, Captain Edward Bruster [Brewster], Captain James Davies, Lord De la Warr, Captain Thomas Lawson, Captain Christopher Newport, George Percy, Powhatan, and William Strachey.
- Argall, Samuel, -- Sir, -- approximately 1572-approximately 1626.
- Bruster, Edward, -- fl. 1611.
- Davies, James, -- fl. 1611.
- De la Warr, Thomas West, -- Baron, -- 1577-1618.
- Lawson, Thomas, -- fl. 1611.
- Newport, Christopher, -- approximately 1565-1617.
- Percy, George, -- 1580-1632.
- Powhatan, -- approximately 1550-1618.
- Strachey, William, -- 1572?-1621.
- Jamestown (Va.) -- History -- 17th century.