Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
United States. Congress. Joint Committee on the Conduct of the War.
Report of the Joint Committee on the Conduct of the War at the second session, Thirty-eighth Congress.
Washington : G.P.O., 1865
|Named Person:||William S Rosecrans|
|Material Type:||Government publication, National government publication|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
B F Wade; Daniel Wheelwright Gooch; United States. Congress. Joint Committee on the Conduct of the War.; United States. Congress Senate.
|Notes:||B.F. Wade, chairman.
A supplemental report was published in 1866, in 2 volumes.
Each volume includes reports of the committee, testimony and documentary appendices.
|Description:||3 volumes ; 23 cm.|
|Contents:||[v. 1] Journal of the committee, Jan. 20, 1864-May 22, 1865. Army of the Potomac: General Hooker. General Meade, Battle of Petersburg --
[v. 2] Red River Expedition [with Minority report, by D.W. Gooch] Fort Fisher Expedition. Heavy ordnance --
[v. 3] Sherman--Johnston. Light-draught monitors. Massacre of Cheyenne Indians. Ice contracts. Rosecranss̓ campaigns. Miscellaneous.
|Series Title:||Senate document (United States. Congress. Senate), 38th Congress, 2nd session, no. 142.|
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories -- Army of the Potomac.
- Chancellorsville, Battle of, Chancellorsville, Va., 1863.
- Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863.
- Petersburg Crater, Battle of, Va., 1864.
- Fort Fisher -- Expeditions, 1864-1865.
- United States. -- Army -- Ordnance and ordnance stores.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Naval operations.
- Cheyenne Indians -- Wars, 1864.
- Rosecrans, William S. -- (William Starke), -- 1819-1898.