|提及的人：||Donald D Clayton; Donald D Clayton; D D Clayton; William A Fowler; Fred Hoyle; Chandra Wickramasinghe|
Donald D Clayton; Spencer R Weart
|在：||American Institute of Physics. Center for History of Phyiscs. Nuclear Physics Project|
|注意：||Forms part of the Manuscript Biography Collection of the American Institute of Physics' Niels Bohr Library.|
A career summary; a letter to Spencer Weart, director of the AIP Center for History of Physics, responding to the questionnaire referring to his published memoir, The Dark Night Sky: A Personal Adventure in Cosmology (New York: Quadrangle, 1975); and a biographical sketch written in 1985, covering Clayton's early childhood in Dallas Texas, his undergraduate education at Southern Methodist University under Frank McDonald, his graduate education at California Institute of Technology under William A. Fowler, his tenure and work through the present at Rice University, and summer/sabbatical work with Sir Fred Hoyle and Nalin C. Wickramasinghe. Recipients were asked to discuss their entry into a scientific career in general and nuclear physics in particular, their scientific achievments, the funding of their projects, the roles of related sciences in their research, their work as educators, and their involvement in physics-related organizations.
- Clayton, Donald D. -- Career in nuclear physics.
- Clayton, Donald D. -- Childhood and youth -- United States -- Texas -- Dallas.
- Clayton, D. D. -- (Donald D). -- The dark night sky: a personal adventure in cosmology.
- Fowler, William A.
- Hoyle, Fred, -- 1915-2001.
- Wickramasinghe, Chandra, -- 1939-
- California Institute of Technology -- Graduate students.
- Rice University -- Faculty.
- Southern Methodist University -- Students.
- Nuclear physics.
- Physicists -- Biography.
- Physics -- Study and teaching.