Hand colored prints
Caricatures and cartoons
|提及的人：||William Pitt; Charles James Fox; Richard Brinsley Sheridan; Charles James Fox; William Pitt; Richard Brinsley Sheridan|
|材料类型：||图形, 艺术原作, 照片|
James Gillray; Hannah Humphrey; Gordon Norton Ray
|注意：||By James Gillray.|
|描述：||1 print : etching, hand color ; image 327 x 236 mm, on trimmed sheet 349 x 244 mm|
Print shows Pitt, thickly coated with feathers, standing between Sheridan and Fox. Only his face, hands, and (bare) feet are uncovered. He turns his head in towards Fox, who shoves a mop inscribed 'Remonstrance of the People' and covered with hot tar into his mouth . He stands beside a steaming cauldron (of tar) inscribed 'Rights of the People', under which are blazing papers: 'Sedition Bill', 'Ministerial Influence', and 'Informations'. Round Pitt's neck is a noose, the rope from which hangs over a lamp-bracket. On the lamp is a crown; on the post a placard: 'Fate of the Sedition Bill'. Sheridan raises in both hands a huge cap of 'Libertas', from which feathers shower down on Pitt's head. Beneath the title: "Nay & you'll stop our Mouths, beware your Own."
- Pitt, William, -- 1759-1806 -- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Fox, Charles James, -- 1749-1806 -- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Sheridan, Richard Brinsley, -- 1751-1816 -- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1789-1820.
- 1795 11 26.
- Tarring & feathering.
- Fox, Charles James, -- 1749-1806.
- Pitt, William, -- 1759-1806.
- Sheridan, Richard Brinsley, -- 1751-1816.
- Political science.
- Great Britain.