Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Government publication, State or province government publication|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Marouf Arif Hasian, Jr.
|Description:||x, 265 p. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||1. The Significance and Origins of the Rhetoric of Eugenics --
2. From Cradle to Grave: The Popularization of Eugenics within the Rhetorical Sphere, 1900-1940 --
3. Race and African-American Interpretations of Eugenics --
4. Women and the Eugenics Movement --
5. Catholic Interpretations of Eugenics Rhetoric --
6. Liberal and Socialist Interpretations of Eugenics --
7. The Return of Eugenics: Ideographic Fragments and the Mythology of the Human Genome Project --
Appendix: Terms of Art in Rhetorical Analyses.
|Series Title:||The University of Georgia Humanities Center series on science and the humanities.|
|Responsibility:||Marouf Arif Hasian, Jr.|
"The value of this book lies in its demonstration of the rich varietyin the Anglo-American eugenics discourse. Hasian's analysis is impressive, providing a rich feast of eugenics commentaries. His