Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Richard Bausch; Richard Bausch; Richard Bausch; Richard Bausch; Fred Chappell; Bob Balaban; Robert Bausch; Charles Baxter; George Garrett; Allan Gurganus; Frederick Busch; Richard Ford; C K Williams; Gordon Lish; William Maxwell; Harriet Wasserman|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||Cataloged from inventory.|
|Description:||1600 items (13.5 lin. ft.)|
From that point on several prominent American writers and literary figures appear, including frequent correspondence at various times with Charles Baxter, Frederick Busch, Richard Ford, George Garrett, Gordon Lish, William Maxwell, and C.K. Williams; Bausch's agent, Harriet Wasserman; and his twin brother, novelist Robert Bausch. Prominent though less frequent correspondents include Fred Chappell, Alan Gurganus, Barry Hannah, and Jean Thompson.
The Writings Series documents the development of Bausch's novels and story collections and consists mainly of typescripts and various stages of proofs. Although most are fair copies or only moderately hand-corrected, the sheer number of versions documents the process of creation. Of special note in this regard are the novels REBEL POWERS and VIOLENCE. Two smaller series, Printed Materials and Writings by Others, make up the remainder of the collection. Highlights of the latter series include a copy of Bob Balaban's screenplay for the Bausch novel, THE LAST GOOD TIME, and typescripts of several early stories by Gurganus dating from the 1970s.
- Bausch, Richard, -- 1945-
- Bausch, Richard, -- 1945- -- LAST GOOD TIME.
- Bausch, Richard, -- 1945- -- REBEL POWERS.
- Bausch, Richard, -- 1945- -- VIOLENCE.
- Chappell, Fred, -- 1936-
- Balaban, Bob.
- Bausch, Robert.
- Baxter, Charles, -- 1947-
- Garrett, George, -- 1929-2008.
- Gurganus, Allan, -- 1947-
- Busch, Frederick, -- 1941-2006.
- Ford, Richard, -- 1944-
- Williams, C. K. -- (Charles Kenneth), -- 1936-2015.
- Lish, Gordon.
- Maxwell, William, -- 1908-2000.
- Wasserman, Harriet.
- Iowa Writers' Workshop.
- American literature -- 20th century.
- American literature -- Southern States.
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence.
- Short stories.
- Southern literature.