Gribbin, John, 1946-
New York : Dutton, ©1997
|関連の人物：||Richard P Feynman; Richard P Feynman; Richard Phillips Feynman; Richard Phillips Feynman; Richard Phillips Feynman|
John Gribbin; Mary Gribbin
|注記：||Originally published: London : Penguin, 1997.|
|物理形態：||xvii, 301 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
|責任者：||John and Mary Gribbin.|
Constellation of scientific stars. We follow Feynman growing up in a decade shadowed by the Great Depression and the gathering storm of World War II, going to universities where Jewish quotas were still the norm and where he dazzled professors and peers with the swiftness of his intellect and directness of his insight, which marked him early as a major figure. We see him, as well, as a handsome young man filled with zest for life and love, blessed with wit and charm.
With his entry into the project to develop the atomic bomb, we watch him flower in the company of scientific greats, even as he pursued the epochal investigations into quantum electrodynamics that would win him the Nobel Prize. This landmark study of how electricity and magnetism work was but the first achievement in a career that reached into varied areas of physics and resulted in remarkable discoveries.
- Feynman, Richard P. -- (Richard Phillips), -- 1918-1988.
- Physicists -- United States -- Biography.
- Feynman, Richard P. -- (Richard Phillips), -- 1918-1988
- United States.
- Feynman, Richard Phillips, -- (1918-1988)
- Physiciens -- États-Unis -- Biographies.
- Feynman, Richard Phillips.
- Feynman, Richard Phillips, -- 1918-1988.