Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Richard, King of England; Richard, King of England.; Richard, King of England; Richard, roi d'Angleterre)|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||0300070039 9780300070033 0300078757 9780300078756|
|Description:||xiv, 514 pages,  pages of plates : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm.|
|Series Title:||Yale English monarchs.|
|Other Titles:||Richard 2
Richard the Second
Finds that he was influenced by a deeply felt orthodox piety and by the ideas of the civil lawyers. He shows that, although Richard's kingship resembled that of other rulers of the period, unlike theirs, his reign ended in failure because of tactical errors and contradictions in his policies. For all that he promoted the image of a distant, all-powerful monarch, Richard II's rule was in practice characterised by faction and feud. The king was obsessed by the search for.
Personal security: in his subjects, however, he bred only insecurity and fear.
- Richard -- II, -- King of England, -- 1367-1400.
- Great Britain -- History -- Richard II, 1377-1399.
- Great Britain -- Kings and rulers -- Biography.
- Richard -- II, -- King of England.
- Richard -- II -- King of England.
- Richard -- II, -- King of England, -- 1367-1400
- Kings and rulers.
- Great Britain.
- Richard -- II, -- (1367-1400; -- roi d'Angleterre)
- Civilisation médiévale -- 14e siècle.
- Grande-Bretagne -- Rois et souverains -- Biographies.
- Grande-Bretagne -- 1377-1399 (Richard II)