Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Ward, Francis Kingdon, 1885-1958.
Riddle of the Tsangpo gorges.
London : Edward Arnold & Co., 1926
|Named Person:||Francis Kingdon Ward|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Francis Kingdon Ward; John Duncan Vaughan Campbell Cawdor, Earl of; Theodore Roosevelt Hunting Library (Library of Congress)
|Notes:||"Map showing the plane-table and compass traverse by F. Kingdon Ward and Earl Cawdor in South-Eastern Tibet," bound in after p. 324.
"Index to Plants," p. 327-328.
LC Copy 2 has ink stamp on t.p.: Published in the United States by Longmans, Green & Co., 55 Fifth Avenue, New York City. Has the armorial bookplate of Theodore Roosevelt.
|Description:||xv, , 328 p.,  leaves of plates (1 folded) : ill. (reproductions of photographs), folded col. map, ports. ; 23 cm.|
|Responsibility:||by Captain F. Kingdon Ward ... with contributions by the Right Hon. the Earl Cawdor ; illustrated.|
- Tibet Autonomous Region (China) -- Description and travel.
- Tsangpo Gorges (China) -- Description and travel.
- Plants -- China -- Tibet Autonomous Region.
- Plant collecting -- China -- Tibet Autonomous Region.
- Ward, Francis Kingdon, -- 1885-1958.
- Plant collectors -- Great Britain -- Biography.