Gates, Bill, 1955-
New York : Viking, 1995
Bill Gates; Nathan Myhrvold; Peter Rinearson
|ISBN:||0670772895 9780670772896 0670774693 9780670774692|
|表演者：||Read by John Ottavino.|
|描述：||xiv, 286 p. : ill. ; 24 cm. + 1 computer laser optical disc (4 3/4 in.)|
|詳述：||System requirements for accompanying computer disc: Microsoft Windows.|
|内容：||1. A Revolution Begins --
2. The Beginning of the Information Age --
3. Lessons from the Computer Industry --
4. Applications and Appliances --
5. Paths to the Highway --
6. The Content Revolution --
7. Implications for Business --
8. Friction-Free Capitalism --
9. Education: The Best Investment --
10. Plugged In at Home --
11. Race for the Gold --
12. Critical Issues.
|責任：||Bill Gates, with Nathan Myhrvold and Peter Rinearson.|
What is the information highway? How will the new technology change our lives? Do I have to learn to use a computer? Will my job become obsolete? Welcome to The Road Ahead. We have all been bombarded by the seemingly endless hype about the information highway and the coming age of technology. Now, Bill Gates - who built Microsoft into one of the most successful companies in the world - gives us his vision of what the future holds for us. The Road Ahead is his bird's-eye view of the undiscovered territory on the information highway - an authoritative, thought-provoking, and very readable travel guide for the journey. In this optimistic and refreshingly realistic book, Gates looks ahead to show how the emerging technologies of the digital age will transform all our lives. As he says, we are on the brink of a new revolution, and crossing a technology threshold that will forever change the way we buy, work, learn, and communicate with each other.
- Information superhighway -- United States.
- Information technology -- United States.
- Computer networks -- United States.
- Telecommunication -- United States.
- Computer industry -- United States.
- Information and communications technology
- Computer industry
- United States
- Information superhighway
- Company management
- Technological change
- Microsoft Corp
- Overseas item
- Gates, Bill
- Technischer Fortschritt
- Information technology.
- Computer industry.
- Computer networks.
- Information superhighway.
- United States.