Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Charles Hamilton Houston; Charles Hamilton Houston|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William A Elwood; Mykola Kulish; Larry Adelman; Gary Weimberg; Larry Daressa; Steven A Jones; California Newsreel (Firm); University of Virginia.
|Notes:||This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
Originally produced as a documentary film in 1990.
|Credits:||Camera, Brad Shapiro ; editors, Gary Weimberg, Yasha Aginsky ; narrator, Steven Anthony Jones.|
|Performer(s):||Narrator, Steven Anthony Jones.|
|Description:||1 videodisc (56 min.) : sound, color and black and white ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Contents:||Opening credits & prologue --
Plessy and the era of Jim Crow --
The man who would kill Jim Crow --
The strategy unfolds --
Final groundwork --
Brown v. Board of Education --
The road from Brown --
|Responsibility:||a film from California Newsreel ; a presentation of the University of Virginia ; executive producer, William Elwood ; produced and directed by Mykola Kulish ; written by William Elwood, Larry Adelman, Gary Weimberg, Larry Daressa, Mykola Kulish.|
- Houston, Charles Hamilton, -- 1895-1950.
- African American lawyers -- Biography.
- Discrimination in education -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- History.
- African Americans -- Segregation -- History.
- African Americans -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- History.
- Civil rights workers -- United States -- Biography.
- Constitutional history -- United States.
- African American lawyers.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- African Americans -- Legal status, laws, etc.
- African Americans -- Segregation.
- Civil rights workers.
- Constitutional history.
- Discrimination in education -- Law and legislation.
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation.
- United States.