|提及的人：||Herbert Hoover; Franklin D Roosevelt; Herbert Hoover; Franklin D Roosevelt|
Terry Kay Rockefeller; Joe Morton; Steve Fayer; Blackside, Inc.; British Broadcasting Corporation. Television Service.; WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.); PBS Video.
|餘額：||Editor, Howard Sharp ; narrator, Joe Morton ; photography, Joe Vitagliano, Michael Chin, Robert Shepard ; music, Brian Keane.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (60 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.|
|叢書名：||Great Depression, 2.|
|責任：||a production of Blackside ; produced in association with BBC-2 ; WGBH Boston ; produced, directed and written by Terry Kay Rockefeller ; series writer, Steve Fayer.|
As the Great Depression progressed economic collapse took its toll on rural America. Crops went unsold, farm mortgages were called in by banks, hungry farmers protested, and robberies increased dramatically. The U.S. Army was called in to defend the nation's capital from veterans who were demanding that President Hoover and Congress pay a bonus for their services in World War I. The episode ends with Franklin Roosevelt's landslide election to the presidency. Primarily uses interviews and historical film footage to portray the era.
- Hoover, Herbert, -- 1874-1964.
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. -- (Franklin Delano), -- 1882-1945.
- Farms -- United States -- History.
- Agriculture -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Veterans -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Bonus Expeditionary Forces.
- Depressions -- 1929 -- United States.
- United States -- History -- 1919-1933.
- United States -- History -- 1933-1945.
- United States -- Economic conditions -- 1918-1945.
- United States -- Rural conditions.
- Films for the hearing impaired.
- Economic history.
- Rural conditions.
- United States.