Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Awards:||James Tait Black Memorial Prize for fiction, 2006.
Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, 2007
|Description:||241 pages ; 25 cm|
|Contents:||Publisher description for "The road" --
"A searing, postapocalyptic novel destined to become Cormac McCarthy's masterpiece. A father and his son walk alone through burned America. Nothing moves in the ravaged landscape save the ash on the wind. It is cold enough to crack stones, and when the snow falls it is gray. The sky is dark. Their destination is the coast, although they don't know what, if anything, awaits them there. They have nothing; just a pistol to defend themselves against the lawless bands that stalk the road, the clothes they are wearing, a cart of scavenged food --
and each other. The Road is the profoundly moving story of a journey. It boldly imagines a future in which no hope remains, but in which the father and his son, "each the other's world entire," are sustained by love. Awesome in the totality of its vision, it is an unflinching meditation on the worst and the best that we are capable of: ultimate destructiveness, desperate tenacity, and the tenderness that keeps two people alive in the face of total devastation."
- Fathers and sons -- Fiction.
- Voyages and travels -- Fiction.
- Regression (Civilization) -- Fiction.
- Survival -- Fiction.
- Voyages and travels--Fiction -- Road fiction.
- Fathers and sons--Fiction -- Robinsonades.
- Regression (Civilization)--Fiction.
- Fathers and sons.
- Regression (Civilization)
- Voyages and travels.
User lists with this item (88)
- Pulitzer Prize for Fiction since 2000(18 items)
by albertsons.library updated about 3 weeks ago
- Things I Recommend(407 items)
by DrJeffKoloze updated 2015-02-02
- Koloze family library(17 items)
by DrJeffKoloze updated 2015-02-01
- Pulitzer Prize Winners(35 items)
by LasPositas updated 2014-12-08
- Books turned into movies(100 items)
by BrookensLibrary updated 2014-09-17