Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Robert Brewster Stanton|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Robert Brewster Stanton; Louis Akin; Anne Stanton Burchard; Lewis Sayre Burchard; Samuel Dickinson Burchard; Frederick Samuel Dellenbaugh; William Henry Edwards; Nathan Galloway; William R Hawkins; John Hislop; Ellsworth Leonardson Kolb; Otis R Marston; François Matthes; John E Parry; R L Stanton; Julius F Stone; John C Sumner
|Description:||10.2 linear feet (19 boxes, 5 v., 9 packages, map folders)|
Correspondence and miscellaneous papers relate mainly to Stanton's research for a history of the Colorado River and the Grand Canyon. Those represented in these series by correspondence and reminiscences include contemporary explorers, geographers and authors interested in the Colorado River area.
Also included are a small collection of papers of Robert Livingston Stanton; correspondence, 1925-1959, of Anne Stanton Burchard documenting her efforts to publish her father's manuscript "The River and the Canyon"; letters from Anne to her parents while serving as a nurse in World War I; and a group of Burchard family papers, 1869-1941, including correspondence, photographs and printed matter mostly relating to Lewis Sayre Burchard and Samuel Dickinson Burchard.
- Stanton, Robert Brewster, -- 1846-1922.
- Atlantic & Pacific Railroad.
- Cincinnati Southern Railway Company.
- Denver, Colorado Canyon and Pacific Railroad Company.
- Great Bras d'Or Gold Mining Company.
- Hoskannini Company.
- Tripple Trip Mining Company.
- Union Pacific Railway.
- Explorers -- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico)
- Explorers -- Arizona -- Grand Canyon.
- Mines and mineral resources -- Cuba.
- Mines and mineral resources -- Idaho.
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nova Scotia.
- Mines and mineral resources -- Washington (State)
- Railroads -- Surveying -- 19th century.
- Railroads -- United States.
- World War, 1914-1918.
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico)
- Grand Canyon (Ariz.)