Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
|Named Person:||Robert C Dix; William Warren Scranton|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Robert C Dix; Robert I White; J Edgar Hoover
|Description:||0.5 cubic ft. (1 half-size record storage box)|
|Other Titles:||Robert Dix May 4 papers|
The materials include personal correspondence (much of it involving Robert White, president of Kent State University from 1963-1971), University documents, and internal communications. The collection spans the years 1944 to 1996, but the bulk of the materials are from the time of the 1970 Kent State Shootings and the student unrest on campus in 1969. The collection also contains documents pertaining to the many legal proceedings following the Kent State Shootings including the Special Grand Jury called in September of 1970, the President's Commission on Campus Unrest, and the Ohio General Assembly's legislative response to the events. Also present is a collection of news clippings from 1970.
- Dix, Robert C., -- 1908-1996 -- Archives.
- Kent State Shootings, Kent, Ohio, 1970.
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements.
- Kent State University -- History.
- Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.)
- Ohio. -- Municipal Court (Portage County). -- Special Grand Jury.
- Scranton, William Warren, -- 1917-2013.
- United States. -- President's Commission on Campus Unrest.
- Kent (Ohio) -- History.