Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Robert D Wilson; Jack Benny; Joan Crawford; Joel McCrea; Carole Landis|
|Material Type:||Photograph, Picture|
|Document Type:||Visual material, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Robert D Wilson
|Description:||1 box (113 photographs)|
|Other Titles:||Photograph collection of Robert D. Wilson
Wilson photograph collection
Robert D. Wilson collection
Covers the following wars: World War II (WWII), Korean War.
Contains photographs of the following military unit: 190th Field Artillery.
General description of the collection: The Robert D. Wilson photograph collection includes photographs of training at Camp Shelby, Mississippi in 1941-1942 and field artillery training on 155mm field guns in 1943. The next grouping of photographs are in Europe at unidentified sites (very few of these photos are captioned) showing cities and towns and U.S. soldiers on R & R. One folder contains uncaptioned photos of soldiers in studio environment, undoubtedly some of his buddies. He must have also served during the Korean War as another grouping are of scenes on Okinawa and of atrocities in Korea. There is another folder of entertainers: Jack Benny, Joan Crawford, Joel McCrea and Carole Landis.
- Wilson, Robert D. -- (Robert Dohonian), -- 1914- -- Photograph collections.
- Camp Shelby (Miss.) -- Photographs.
- Military training camps -- Mississippi -- Camp Shelby -- Photographs.
- United States. -- Army -- Artillery -- Photographs.
- Artillerymen -- Training of -- United States -- Photographs.
- Artillery, Field and mountain -- United States -- Photographs.
- Okinawa Island (Japan) -- Photographs.
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Atrocities -- Photographs.
- Benny, Jack, -- 1894-1974 -- Photographs.
- Crawford, Joan, -- 1908-1977 -- Photographs.
- McCrea, Joel, -- 1905-1990 -- Photographs.
- Landis, Carole, -- 1919-1948 -- Photographs.