Subject authority files
|提及的人：||Robert Edward Dawson; Floyd B McKissick; James Edward Shepard|
Robert Edward Dawson; Floyd B McKissick; James Edward Shepard; John Hope Franklin Research Center for African and African-American Documentation.
|注意：||Cataloged from accession records.|
This collection documents Dawson's professional and civic life. Materials include scrapbooks; reports; subject files; memoranda; and correspondence, in particular from prominent Durhamites, such as Floyd B. McKissick, Sr., and James E. Shepard. The collection details Dawson's medical practices, teaching, and board memberships at Lincoln Community Health Center, Lincoln Hospital, and Durham County General Hospital. It also documents his lengthy and high-level involvement with the following institutions and organizations: Meharry Medical College, George W. Hubbard Hospital, the National Medical Society, the National Society for the Prevention of Blindness, the North Carolina Society for the Prevention of Blindness, the Old North State Medical Society, North Carolina Central University, and the Mutual Savings & Loan Association. The collection also contains 35 color photographs and 48 negatives. Acquired as part of the John Hope Franklin Research Center for African and African American Documentation. (00-320).
- Dawson, Robert Edward, -- 1918-
- McKissick, Floyd B. -- (Floyd Bixler), -- 1922-1991.
- Shepard, James Edward.
- Meharry Medical College.
- North Carolina Central University.
- National Medical Association (U.S.)
- National Society to Prevent Blindness.
- African American physicians -- North Carolina.
- African Americans in the professions.
- African American universities and colleges.
- Hospitals -- North Carolina.
- Savings and loan associations -- North Carolina.