Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Mary DeHait Andrews; Roberta Balfour; Theodore Bolton; Roberto Domingo; John T Drennan; Frank Gallagher; William Preston Harrison; H Healy; Robert Henri; Robert Henri, Mrs.; C W Herrick; P J Kenny; Malloy, Mr.; H E Martini; McIntyre, Mr.; Clara Perry; William Binden Scott; Mildred Sheridan; Patrick Sweeney; Mary DeHait Andrews; Roberta Balfour; Theodore Bolton; Roberto Domingo; John T Drennan; Frank Gallagher; William Preston Harrison; H Healy; Robert Henri; Robert Henri, Mrs.; C W Herrick; P J Kenny; Malloy, Mr.; H E Martini; McIntyre, Mr.; Clara Perry; William Binden Scott; Mildred Sheridan; Patrick Sweeney|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
The majority of the fourteen manuscripts are concerned with finances and fishing. Two are diaries, one general and one fishing, and two are maps, one appearing to be a map of his house on Achill Island, the other being a set of two maps of Achill Island. The maps are all hand-drawn. There is also a set of speedwriting keys, and some of the manuscripts are written in speedwriting.
Most of the forty-one documents to Henri are bills, statements, and receipts from Henri's suppliers, though there is a certificate of membership from the Society of American Arts and Letters. In addition, there is a printed broadside from the National Academy of Design.
There are seven photographs, five of portraits painted by Henri. The other two appear to be snapshots of Henri taken aboard ship.
The Corrymore House estate correspondence consists of thirty letters and one telegram, written between April 30, 1923 and July 10, 1925, regarding Henri's purchase of the Corrymore House estate on Achill Island in County Mayo, Ireland. Thirteen letters are by Henri, while the remaining seventeen letters and one telegram are to Henri.
The fifty-eight other letters by Henri are primarily orders for fishing tackle, painting supplies, and tobacco products. The remaining letters are concerned with the sale of paintings, taxes, and financial affairs. All of Henri's letters appear to be either drafts or copies of one kind or another.
The forty-three letters to Henri consist of invitations to exhibit his works at various galleries and museums, letters concerning the sale of individual paintings, letters from admirers and suppliers, letters about fishing and taxes.
- Andrews, Mary DeHait.
- Balfour, Roberta.
- Bolton, Theodore, -- 1889-1973.
- Domingo, Roberto, -- 1883-1956.
- Drennan, John T.
- Gallagher, Frank, -- -1962.
- Harrison, William Preston, -- 1870-1940.
- Healy, H.
- Henri, Robert, -- 1865-1929.
- Henri, Robert, -- Mrs.
- Herrick, C. W.
- Kenny, P. J.
- Malloy, -- Mr.
- Martini, H. E.
- McIntyre, -- Mr.
- Perry, Clara.
- Scott, William Binden.
- Sheridan, Mildred.
- Sweeney, Patrick.
- Art Institute of Chicago.
- Carnegie Institute. -- Museum of Art.
- Ireland. -- Congested Districts Board.
- Carson Pirie Scott.
- Casson Galleries (Boston, Mass.)
- City Art Museum of St. Louis.
- Combridge & Co., Ltd. (Dublin, Ireland)
- Detroit Institute of Arts.
- Hely's Limited (Dublin, Ireland)
- Irish Land Commission.
- Kapp & Peterson, Ltd. (Dublin, Ireland)
- L. Keegan, Esq. (Dublin, Ireland)
- Los Angeles County Museum.
- Macbeth Gallery.
- Macy's (Firm)
- University of Rochester. -- Memorial Art Gallery.
- Milch Galleries.
- M. Mulloy & Sons (Westport, Ireland)
- National Academy of Design (U.S.)
- New York (N.Y.). -- Department of Finance.
- Newcomb, Macklin & Co. (New York, N.Y.)
- James Newman (London, England)
- Society of American Arts and Letters, Inc.
- United States. -- Bureau of Internal Revenue.
- Webb, Scott & Seymour (Dublin, Ireland)
- Winsor & Newton.
- Art, American.
- Art -- United States -- Competition.
- Art -- Exhibitions.
- Art -- Marketing.
- Art galleries, Commercial -- United States.
- Art museums -- United States.
- Art patrons.
- Fishing -- Ireland.
- Fishing tackle.
- Shorthand -- Speedwriting.
- Artists -- United States.
- Bolton, Theodore, -- 1889-
- Art galleries, Commercial.
- Art museums.
- United States.