Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Records and correspondence
|Named Person:||John Foster Dulles; Fiorello H La Guardia; Walter Lowrie; Eleanor Roosevelt; John Foster Dulles; Fiorello H La Guardia; Walter Lowrie; Eleanor Roosevelt|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Robert Warren Anthony; David F Anthony
|Description:||0.7 linear ft. (1 archival box, 2 half-size archival boxes)|
The diaries include one from 1937 when he was the guest of the Waldensian Church, one from 1945 when he served as the representative of the World Service Committee of the World Council of Churches, and one each from 1953 and 1956 on subsequent trips. In addition, there is a diary kept from December 1943 through May 1944, when Anthony was secretary of the Servicemen's Council of the Federation of Churches of Greater New York. Also included in the collection are notes from a conference on science, philosophy, and religion at Columbia University(1941); correspondence concerning the destruction of churches in Italy during World War II and efforts to rebuild (1945-1946); assorted reports on Italy and the church in Europe (1943-1946); photographs taken in Italy; and a small selection of miscellanea.
The box of additional papers includes miscellaneous papers and correspondence with a mission in Italy to assess the needs of Italian Evangelicals (1945); a diary en route to Italy Feb. 4 and 26, 1945; correspondence with Eleanor Roosevelt, John Foster Dulles, Walter Lowrie, Fiorello La Guardia and others; memorabilia and photographs of the 50th Reunion of the Class of 1902 (1958); and a typescript of notes of a trip taken by Anthony and his wife to Europe in 1959.
- Dulles, John Foster, -- 1888-1959 -- Correspondence.
- La Guardia, Fiorello H. -- (Fiorello Henry), -- 1882-1947 -- Correspondence.
- Lowrie, Walter, -- 1868-1959 -- Correspondence.
- Roosevelt, Eleanor, -- 1884-1962 -- Correspondence.
- Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A. -- Clergy -- 20th century.
- World Council of Churches.
- Clergy -- Italy -- 20th century.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Italy.
- Dulles, John Foster, -- 1888-1959.
- La Guardia, Fiorello H. -- (Fiorello Henry), -- 1882-1947.
- Lowrie, Walter, -- 1868-1959.
- Roosevelt, Eleanor, -- 1884-1962.
- Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A.
- War work.