Trials, litigation, etc
|提及的人：||John G Roberts; John G Roberts; John Glover Roberts|
|ISBN:||9781451627510 1451627513 9781451627527 1451627521|
|描述：||viii, 407 pages, 16 pages of plates : illustrations ; 25 cm|
Seven minutes after President Obama signed national health insurance into law, a lawyer in the office of Florida's Attorney General began a challenge that would eventually reach the nation's highest court. Health care is only the most visible and recent front in a battle over the meaning and scope of the U.S. Constitution. The battleground is the United States Supreme Court, and one of its most insightful and trenchant observers takes us close up. Marcia Coyle's inside account captures how those cases began and how they ultimately exposed the great divides among the justices. Most dramatically, her analysis shows how dedicated conservative lawyers and groups are strategizing to find cases and crafting them to bring to the conservative-dominated Supreme Court. The Roberts Court offers a ringside seat at the struggle to lay down the law of the land.--From publisher description.
- United States. -- Supreme Court -- History -- 21st century.
- Political questions and judicial power -- United States -- History -- 21st century.
- Constitutional law -- United States -- Cases.
- Roberts, John G., -- 1955-
- Derecho constitucional -- Historia -- Análisis -- E.U.A.
- United States. -- Supreme Court.
- Constitutional law.
- Political questions and judicial power.
- United States.
- Roberts, John Glover, -- 1955-
- USA. -- Supreme Court.