|提及的人：||John G Roberts|
|ISBN:||9781451627510 1451627513 9781451627527 1451627521|
|描述：||viii, 407 pages, 16 pages of plates : illustrations ; 25 cm|
Seven minutes after President Obama signed national health insurance into law, a lawyer in the office of Florida's Attorney General began a challenge that would eventually reach the nation's highest court. Health care is only the most visible and recent front in a battle over the meaning and scope of the U.S. Constitution. The battleground is the United States Supreme Court, and one of its most insightful and trenchant observers takes us close up. Marcia Coyle's inside account captures how those cases began and how they ultimately exposed the great divides among the justices. Most dramatically, her analysis shows how dedicated conservative lawyers and groups are strategizing to find cases and crafting them to bring to the conservative-dominated Supreme Court. The Roberts Court offers a ringside seat at the struggle to lay down the law of the land.--From publisher description.
- United States. -- Supreme Court -- History -- 21st century.
- Political questions and judicial power -- United States -- History -- 21st century.
- Constitutional law -- United States -- Cases.
- Roberts, John G., -- 1955-
- CR: Kmiec -- Advanced Constitutional Law: Supreme Court Seminar(3 資料)
由 Pepperdine_University_School_of_Law 已更新 2014-01-03
- gilbert's list(170 資料)
由 grmarsh 已更新 大約兩週前
- 2013 - New Nonfiction Titles (304 資料)
由 nblibrary 已更新 2014-01-02
- Fall 2013 Library Associates Suggestions(54 資料)
由 MikkLib07 已更新 2014-01-01
- August 2013 New Titles(369 資料)
由 libraryacq 已更新 2013-11-01