|类型/形式：||Criticism, interpretation, etc
Stookey, Lorena Laura.
Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 1996
|提及的人：||Robin Cook; Robin Cook, Schriftsteller.; Robin Cook|
Lorena Laura Stookey
|描述：||xi, 210 p. ; 24 cm.|
|丛书名：||Critical companions to popular contemporary writers.|
|责任：||Lorena Laura Stookey.|
transition from profession to corporate industry. This study analyzes, in turn, each of Cook's medical thrillers, from Coma to Contagion. Following a biographical chapter, the next chapter examines the ways in which Cook's medical thriller incorporates plotting conventions and strategies borrowed from such popular literary genres as the science fiction novel, the murder mystery, and the gothic romance. Each work is then examined in a separate chapter with subsections on.
plot, character, and theme. Stookey also offers an alternative critical approach to the novel, which gives the reader another perspective from which to read and discuss the text. A complete bibliography of Cook's fiction, general criticism and biographical sources, and listings of reviews of each novel complete the work. The only study of one of America's most popular contemporary novelists, read by adults and young adults alike, this is a key purchase for schools and.
- Cook, Robin, -- 1940- -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Medicine in literature.
- Literature and medicine -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Detective and mystery stories, American -- History and criticism.
- Didactic fiction, American -- History and criticism.
- Medical fiction, American -- History and criticism.
- Suspense fiction -- History and criticism.
- English fiction
- United States
- Cook, Robin -- Schriftsteller.
- Cook, Robin, -- 1940-
- Detective and mystery stories, American.
- Didactic fiction, American.
- Literature and medicine.
- Medical fiction, American.
- Suspense fiction.
- United States.