Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Elementary and junior high school, Fiction|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Mildred D Taylor
|Notes:||Sequel: Let the circle be unbroken.|
|Awards:||Newbery Medal, 1977|
|Target Audience:||Middle School.; 920|
|Description:||276 pages ; 22 cm|
|Responsibility:||Mildred D. Taylor.|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
A nice addition to any school library.
This is a story about a young girl named Cassie Logan and the struggle she and her family have living as an independent black family in the 1930's in Mississippi.
- Was this review helpful to you?
- African Americans -- Juvenile fiction.
- Logan family (Fictitious characters : Taylor) -- Fiction.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- Prejudices -- Fiction.
- Mississippi -- Race relations -- Fiction.
- Depressions -- 1929 -- Fiction.
- African Americans.
- Logan family (Fictitious characters : Taylor)
- Mississippi -- Race relations -- Juvenile fiction.