Biography Juvenile literature
New York : Henry Holt, 2005.
|提及的人：||Rosa Parks; Rosa Parks; Rosa Parks|
Nikki Giovanni; Bryan Collier
|ISBN:||0805071067 9780805071061 0545042593 9780545042598|
|注意：||Art techniques used: Illustrated in collage and water color, in both color and black and white.|
|演員名單:||Narrated by Nikki Giovanni. Music by Ernest V. Troost.|
|獎賞：||Coretta Scott King Award, illustrator, 2006.
Caldecott Honor Book, 2006.
Notable Book for a Global Society award winner, 2006
|描述：||1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 29 cm.|
|責任：||Nikki Giovanni ; illustrated by Bryan Collier.|
The story of Rosa Parks and her courageous act of defiance. Provides the story of the young black woman who refused to give up her seat to a white passenger in Alabama, setting in motion all the events of the Civil Rights Movements that resulted in the end of the segregated south, gave equality to blacks throughout the nation, and forever changed the country in which we all live today. She had not sought this moment but she was ready for it. When the policeman bent down to ask "Auntie, are you going to move?" all the strength of all the people through all those many years joined in her. She said, "No." An inspiring account of an event that shaped American history. Fifty years after her refusal to give up her seat on a Montgomery, Alabama, city bus, Mrs. Rosa Parks is still one of the most important figures in the American civil rights movement. This picture-book tribute to Mrs. Parks is a celebration of her courageous action and the events that followed. Award-winning poet, writer, and activist Nikki Giovanni's evocative text combines with Bryan Collier's striking cut-paper images to retell the story of this historic event from a wholly unique and original perspective.
- Parks, Rosa, -- 1913-2005 -- Juvenile literature.
- African American women -- Alabama -- Montgomery -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- African Americans -- Alabama -- Montgomery -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Civil rights workers -- Alabama -- Montgomery -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Alabama -- Montgomery -- History -- 20th century -- Juvenile literature.
- Segregation in transportation -- Alabama -- Montgomery -- History -- 20th century -- Juvenile literature.
- Montgomery (Ala.) -- Race relations -- Juvenile literature.
- Montgomery (Ala.) -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Parks, Rosa, -- 1913-2005.
- Civil rights workers -- Biography.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- Race discrimination -- Alabama.
- Parks, Rosa, -- 1913-2005 -- Juvenile Literature.
- Civil rights workers -- Alabama -- Montgomery -- Biography.
- Caldecott Honor Book.
- African American women -- Alabama -- Montgomery -- Biography.
- Segregation in transportation -- Alabama -- Montgomery -- History -- 20th century.
- Things to Check Out(9 資料)
由 CarolynEyrichMastin 已更新 2014-04-21
- Coretta Scott King Award Winners & Honor Books(56 資料)
由 ljerniga 已更新 2014-06-09
- Biographies(256 資料)
由 ljerniga 已更新 大約5天前
- Alabama history Gr. 4(113 資料)
由 email@example.com 已更新 2014-04-30
- Black History--Primary, Junior(57 資料)
由 WaterlooCats 已更新 2014-03-20