Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Songs and music
|Named Person:||Lionel Nathan de Rothschild, Baron; John James Robert Manners Rutland, Duke of; Lionel Nathan de Rothschild, Baron; John James Robert Manners Rutland, Duke of|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|Notes:||Dated from internal evidence - In 1849 Rothschild sought re-election to the City of London constituency after Parliament had rejected a Jewish Disabilities Bill. He was challenged by Lord John Manners (this was the only election in which Rothschild was challenged by Manners). Rothchild was victorious, polling 6017 votes to Manners' 2814, a winning margin of 3203 - information from 'British parliamentary election results. 1832-1885', compiled and edited by F.W.S. Craig, Dartmouth, Parliamentary Research Services, 1989.
First line reads: You citizens so gay.
In two columns.
|Description:||1 sheet ( p.) ; 25 x 19 cm.|
|Other Titles:||Rothschild and victory and the glorious majority of 3515|
- Rothschild, Lionel Nathan de, -- Baron, -- 1808-1879 -- Songs and music.
- Rutland, John James Robert Manners, -- Duke of, -- 1818-1906 -- Songs and music.
- Ballads, English -- Texts.
- Elections -- England -- London -- Songs and music.
- Jews -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- Great Britain -- Songs and music.
- Jews -- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- Songs and music.
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1837-1901 -- Songs and music.
- Rothschild, Lionel Nathan de, -- Baron, -- 1808-1879.
- Rutland, John James Robert Manners, -- Duke of, -- 1818-1906.
- Ballads, English.
- Jews -- Legal status, laws, etc.
- Jews -- Politics and government.
- Politics and government
- England -- London.
- Great Britain.