Records and correspondence
Early works to 1800
Observations Early works to 1800
|提及的人：||Isaac Newton; James Gregory; Edmond Halley; Johannes Hevelius; Giovanni Domenico Cassini; Giovanni Domenico Cassini; James Gregory; Edmond Halley; Johannes Hevelius; Isaac Newton|
John Flamsteed; Royal Greenwich Observatory.; Great Britain. Public Record Office.; National Archives (Great Britain)
|语言注释：||Some entries in Latin.|
|注意：||Title from The National Archives online catalogue.
Document numbers: RGO 1-76 (1638-1731).
|复制注解：||Microfilm. London : Public Records Office. microfilm reels. v.1- (1638-1731)|
|描述：||microfilm reels ; 35 mm.|
|丛书名：||Records of the Public Record Office., R.G.O. 1.|
|其他题名：||Astronomers' Royal Papers, Flamsteed
Astronomers Royal Records, 1675-1764
Microfilm copies of the papers of John Flamsteed, Astronomer Royal 1675-1719. Flamsteed's observations, made with the various instruments that he acquired, are preserved both in their original note books and in the form in which he eventually put them together to be published posthumously in his Historiae Coelestis of 1725 and his Atlas Coelestis of 1729. There is also correspondence with contemporaries including Isaac Newton, James Gregory, Edmond Halley, Johannes Hevelius and Giovanni Domenico Cassini as well as amateur astronomers. The collection also contains correspondence and documents involving aspects of Flamsteed's life outside astronomy: as rector of the parish of Burstow and as the inheritor of his father's lead mining interests.
- Royal Greenwich Observatory -- Observations -- Early works to 1800.
- Astronomy -- Observations -- Early works to 1800.
- Astronomical observatories -- Records and correspondence.
- Newton, Isaac, -- 1642-1727.
- Gregory, James, -- 1638-1675.
- Halley, Edmond, -- 1656-1742.
- Hevelius, Johannes, -- 1611-1687.
- Cassini, Giovanni Domenico, -- 1625-1712.
- Royal Greenwich Observatory.
- Astronomical observatories.
- Observation (Scientific method)