|提及的人：||George, King of Great Britain; Mary, Queen consort of George V King of Great Britain; George, King of Great Britain.; George V, roi de Grande-Bretagne; Mary, reine épouse de George V roi de Grande-Bretagne; Harry Price; George, King of Great Britain; Mary, Queen consort of George V King of Great Britain|
|描述：|| pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 29 cm|
|责任：||Petty Officer Harry Price.|
"The Royal Tour" is a facsimile of Petty Officer Harry Price's handwritten and illustrated account of the cruise of the HMS Ophir in 1901, when the Duke and Duchess of York (later King George V and Queen Mary) toured almost the whole of the British Empire with the exception of India. They travelled via Gibraltar and Malta down the Red Sea to Colombo and Singapore, going on to Australia and New Zealand, across the Indian Ocean to South Africa via Mauritius and finally to Canada via St Vincent before returning to England. The whole trip took nearly nine months and was enormously popular with the countries visited. It was a time when the British Empire was immensely strong, and the reception of the royal party at each port of call highlighted the success of the tour as a diplomatic exercise. Harry Price wrote and illustrated his journal during the voyage itself, and produced a picture of the tour which has an immediate and spontaneous impact, far removed from the turgid official reports of the time. Apart from the journal itself the book includes a biographical note by Harry Price's son Jack, his naval papers and a portrait of himself in the tropical kit of the period. --Book jacket.
- George -- V, -- King of Great Britain, -- 1865-1936.
- Mary, -- Queen, consort of George V, King of Great Britain, -- 1867-1953.
- Visits of state.
- Kings and rulers -- Biography.
- George, -- V, -- King of Great Britain.
- Great Britain -- Kings and rulers -- Biography.
- George V, -- roi de Grande-Bretagne, -- 1865-1936 -- Voyages.
- Mary, -- reine, épouse de George V, roi de Grande-Bretagne, -- 1867-1953 -- Voyages.
- Price, Harry, -- 1877-1965.
- Ophir (Navire)
- Visites officielles.
- Manuscrits anglais -- Fac-similés.
- Kings and rulers.