도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|장르/형태:||Translations into English|
|명시된 사람:||Romanus, Melodus Saint; Romanus, Melodus Saint|
|자료 유형:||정부 간행물, 주 또는 도 정부 간행물|
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
R J Schork
|설명:||xvi, 230 p. ; 23 cm.|
This book is an introduction to, and selected translations of, seventeen sung sermons of Romanos. While R. J. Schork reviews Romanos's life and times, his emphasis is on the hymns themselves as inspired and inspirational pieces of religious poetry. In addition, Schork focuses special attention on the poet's pervasive and sensitive treatment of various women, including Eve, the Virgin Mary, Potiphar's Wife, and the Sinful Woman who anointed Christ's feet.
The translations and commentary make these contemporary recreations accessible to general audience interested in literature, the history of the Christian church, ingenious interpretation of scripture, and, especially, Romano's unique poetic form.
- Romanus, -- Melodus, Saint, -- active 6th century -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Romanus, -- Melodus, Saint, -- active 6th century -- Translations into English.
- Christian poetry, Byzantine -- Translations into English.
- Christian poetry, Byzantine -- History and criticism.
- Hymns, Greek -- Translations into English.
- Hymns, Greek -- History and criticism.