Biography Juvenile literature
|提及的人：||Saladin, Sultan of Egypt and Syria; Saladin, Sultan of Egypt and Syria; Saladin, Sultan of Egypt and Syria; Sultan) Saladin (Aijubidenreich; Sultan of Egypt and Syria Saladin|
|ISBN:||0688171354 9780688171353 0688171362 9780688171360|
|目标对象：||Middle School.; 990|
|描述：||1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations, color map ; 29 cm|
|责任：||by Diane Stanley.|
Forty years before the boy was born, a horde of bloodthirsty barbarians thundered out of the west and conquered his native land. They had succeeded because his people, ever at war with one another, had not fought together to defend their cities. In time the boy was destined to become the very leader that was needed, a man with the courage and vision to unite his people and face the most fearsome and brilliant warrior of the age. The time was the twelfth century the barbarian horde was the armies of the First Crusade the great warrior was Richard the Lionhearted and the leader was Saladin. This is more than the other side of a familiar Western story, the Crusades. It is the tale of an extraordinary man, remarkable for his generous and chivalrous ways, a warrior who longed for peace. Courageous in battle and merciful in victory, he would be revered even by his enemies as the "marvel of his time."
- Saladin, -- Sultan of Egypt and Syria, -- 1137-1193 -- Juvenile literature.
- Egypt -- Kings and rulers -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Syria -- Kings and rulers -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Crusades -- Juvenile literature.
- Saladin, -- Sultan of Egypt and Syria, -- 1137-1193.
- Kings, queens, rulers, etc.
- Kings and rulers.
- Saladin (Aijubidenreich, Sultan)
- Saladin, Sultan of Egypt and Syria, -- 1137-1193 -- Juvenile literature.