Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Awards:||Commended for American Library Association's Gay, Lesbian & Bisexual Award for Literature 2014.|
|Description:||ix, 255 pages ; 24 cm|
Gay rights and same-sex marriage : 1950-1990 --
Same-sex marriage, politics, and law around the world --
The first phase of litigation, backlash, and litigation's legacy : Hawaii, Washington, D.C., Alaska, Vermont, and Massachusetts --
Same-sex marriage in the Midwest --
Continued progress and backlash, 2004-2012 : the East and South --
Continued progress and backlash, 2004-2012 : the West --
Same-sex marriage and the Supreme Court --
Pierceson tells the story of the significant and, by any standard, surprisingly rapid legal and political shift that has taken place with regard to same-sex marriage in the US over the past 20 years.
- Same-sex marriage -- United States.
- Same-sex marriage -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Same-sex marriage.
- Same-sex marriage -- Law and legislation.
- United States.
User lists with this item (7)
- November & December 2014 New Titles(87 items)
by bevdchar updated 2015-12-18
- Gay rights & the Supreme Court - SBCC Collection(81 items)
by cdpoulson updated 2015-06-26
- Opposing Viewpoints(12 items)
by ShazbotMane updated 2015-03-31
- Things to Check Out(13 items)
by SerahClaves updated 2015-03-05
- December new items(102 items)
by JLGardner updated 2014-12-09