Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||John Marshall Clemens; Charles L Webster; Mark Twain; William Dean Howells; E W Kemble; Ulysses S Grant; Isabel Van Kleek Lyon; Orion Clemens; Jane Lampton Clemens; Henry Clemens; Clara Clemens; Jane Lampton Clemens; Pamela Clemens Moffett; William Anderson Moffett; Samuel E Moffett; Ford family.; Clements family.; McKinney family.; Webster family.; Moffett family.|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Jean Webster; Samuel Webster; Doris Webster
|Description:||12 cubic ft. (37 boxes)|
Other items include original manuscript memoirs on the Civil War by Gen. U.S. Grant, letters to Charles L. Webster from Grant, his photographs of Grant, Civil War scenes, and Grant's funeral, 1863-1885; manuscripts, diary entries, letters, clippings, and photographs of Isabel Van Kleek Lyon, Clemens' secretary, concerning the person and career of Samuel L. Clemens, 1903-1939, and notes from a conversation with Lyon by Samuel and Doris Webster, 1950-1953; letters, clippings, memoranda, legal papers, certificates, deeds, and contracts of Samuel L. Clemens' family members, 1807 and 1834-1944, including his parents John Marshall and Jane Lampton Clemens, his brothers Orion Clemens, Henry Clemens, his daughters Clara and Jean, and his sister Pamela Clemens Moffett, her husband William Anderson Moffett, their son Samuel E. Moffett, and their daughter Annie Moffett and her husband Charles L. Webster; and photographs of Samuel L. Clemens, his family, and related Websters, Moffetts, Fords, Dalrimples, and McKinneys, ca. 1856-1955.
- Clemens, John Marshall, -- 1798-1847.
- Webster, Charles L., -- 1851-1891.
- Twain, Mark, -- 1835-1910.
- Howells, William Dean, -- 1837-1920.
- Kemble, E. W. -- (Edward Windsor), -- 1861-1933.
- Grant, Ulysses S. -- (Ulysses Simpson), -- 1822-1885.
- Lyon, Isabel Van Kleek, -- 1868-1958.
- Clemens, Orion, -- 1825-1897.
- Clemens, Jane Lampton, -- 1803-1890.
- Clemens, Henry, -- 1838-1858.
- Clemens, Clara.
- Clemens, Jane Lampton, -- 1880-1909.
- Moffett, Pamela Clemens, -- 1827-1904.
- Moffett, William Anderson.
- Moffett, Samuel E.
- Dalrimple family.
- Ford family.
- Clements family.
- McKinney family.
- Webster family.
- Moffett family.
- Real property.
- Mines and mineral resources -- West (U.S.)
- Illustrated children's books.
- American literature.
- Publishers and publishing.
- Families -- New York (State)
- Funeral service.
- Women -- Diaries.
- Europe -- Description and travel.
- Hawaii -- Description and travel.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 19th century.
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Description and travel.